Below you will find the financial assistance programs administered by the CLD of Greater Longueuil. This content is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to certain conditions. Anyone interested in applying for financial assistance must contact the CLD of the Longueuil agglomeration directly to verify eligibility.
Also note that your eligibility depends on the industry in which your business is enrolled, your age, and the demonstration of the viability and profitability of your business. To be eligible to receive funding from the CLD, you must offer value-added services or products that create wealth and jobs in the territory and that target businesses (B to B) .
The priority sectors are:
- Manufacturer (design / transformation)
- Technological innovation (science, aerospace, software, software package, applications, etc.)
- Clean energies
We invite you to contact us to find out if your company / project qualifies for any of these programs, and if another financial partner of the territory could help you.
Self Employment Support (STA)
Who is this measure for?
- Employment Insurance claimants
- Employment Assistance Providers
- People without jobs and without public income support.
The steps to find out if I am admitted:
- Meet an agent from Emploi-Québec (CLE).
- Have a business project in the start-up phase
- Open a file at the CLD
- If my project is accepted, demonstrate market potential and profitability prospects
- Consent to a personal investment
- Possess experience and / or training relevant to the project
Continue the job search process until the acceptance of the project by the selection committee.
What is the financial aid?
Income benefit during the participation period (maximum 52 weeks, average 40 weeks)
For more information or to verify your eligibility, contact the information and entrepreneurship officer at the CLD of the agglomeration of Longueuil: 450 646-3933 extension 230.
Young Promoters Fund (CLE)
The Young Promoters Fund (CLE) is a non-repayable financial assistance (conditional) between $ 5,000 and $ 20,000.
- Be between 18 and 35 years old
Your business project must fit in the priority sectors of the agglomeration of Longueuil: http://www.delagglo.ca/fr/region/secteurs-dactivite.html
Conditions of eligibility:
- Invest a down payment of at least 20% of the amount of non-refundable financial assistance requested
- Demonstrate the viability and profitability of your project (A 2 O accompaniment )
- Creating your own job the first year and a second job the second year
Social Economy Enterprises Fund (FDEES)
Business Development Fund in Social Economy (FDEES) is a fund:
- in the form of non-repayable financial assistance (under conditions)
- offering technical support
- aimed at the realization, expansion or consolidation of social economy enterprise projects
- The autonomous, incorporated private enterprise, with the legal status of NPO or cooperative
- Autonomous project supported by an incorporated community group
- The social economy enterprise or project conforms to the characteristics of the social economy and respects the principles and rules of operation grouped together in the definition of the social economy
- The social economy enterprise or project generates own-source revenue that, added to the organization’s other sources of revenue, helps to ensure the long-term survival of jobs and economic viability
- The minimum down payment must be available to be invested in the project at the time of the request of the sponsoring group and is set at 20% of the value of the project cost and must be shown in subsequent financial statements.
2nd Line Support (S2L) is a management-consulting service that guides social economy businesses to success. This approach comes at the level of support, transfer of knowledge, acquisition of knowledge and know-how. Services are offered in the following areas: governance, accounting, marketing, finance, growth management and succession planning.
To learn more about collective entrepreneurship, click here.
Entrepreneurial Succession Fund (FRE)
- Young entrepreneurs aged 18 to 35 when buying a business
The purpose of the Fonds Relève Entrepreneuriale (FRE) is to encourage the succession of companies owned by owners wishing to retire by offering them technical and financial support.
The CLD distinguishes two types of succession projects:
- In-house succession plans (family succession or executive succession, full-time employee for more than 5 years, and owner giving up 55 years and over) for companies with more than 5 years of existence
- External succession plans for companies incorporated for 10 years or more whose transferor owner is 55 years of age and over
- To be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant and to be a permanent resident of Québec
- Commit to working full time in the company right from the acquisition of the new company
- The candidate (s) must, at the time of the application, be in the process of acquiring at least 25% of the value of the company (25% of the voting shares or the property of the company )
- Invest a cash down payment equal to or greater than the non-repayable financial assistance requested
Local Investment Fund (FLI) and Local Solidarity Fund (FLS)
- Entrepreneur starting or expanding.
The Local Investment Fund and the Local Solidarity Fund (FLS) provide technical and financial support to start-up or expanding companies whose objectives are in line with the investment policy guidelines of the CLD de l’agglomération of Longueuil.
The amount of financial assistance granted is set according to the project and must take into account the following guidelines:
- Have an impact on creating or maintaining jobs
- Be related to working capital requirements, investments in fixed assets, technology or software
- The loan is between $ 5,000 and $ 200,000
- The loan amount can not exceed 50% of eligible expenses
- The promoter must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant and be a permanent resident of Québec
- The promoter’s minimum investment in the project to be financed is set at 20% of the cost of the project at start-up or expansion (10% for social economy projects as well as for the self-employed and female clients). ‘business). For growing companies, the overall financial situation is examined; however, the net worth ratio can not be less than 15%.
Local Investment Fund – Young Companies Component
The Local Investment Fund – Junior Achievement component is a repayable financial assistance (under conditions) between $ 5,000 and $ 25,000.
Conditions of eligibility:
- Minimum loan of 2 years; amortization over a maximum period of 5 years.
- Fixed interest rate at 6%.
- No guarantee or guarantee.
- Entrepreneurs who have had a business for less than 5 years or have acquired a business for less than 5 years who have a development project of less than $ 300,000.
- Establishes on the territory of the agglomeration of Longueuil.
- Invest a down payment equal to the amount of the requested loan (or at least 20% of the cost of the project if financial partners are involved).
- Promote the creation and / or maintenance of jobs.
- Demonstrate the viability and profitability of the business.
- Frame in the priority sectors. See the priority sectors for the agglomeration of Longueuil
- No eligibility criteria due to age.
- Provide a credit file and a plumitif, sign the required documents and pay the costs of opening the file.
Local Investment Fund – Commercialization Component
The Young Promoters Fund aims to support young people in the creation of their first or second business by providing technical support, financial support and follow-up support. It also includes a Marketing Assistance component for 3-5 year old businesses.
This is a financial assistance, conditional, non-refundable, to support the company owned by the young promoter, which is in a marketing phase and has been in operation for 3 to 5 years.
For this component, financial assistance from the CLD is limited to 35% of the total eligible project cost and is as follows based on the following two (2) main activity areas:
- Manufacturing or processing companies ($ 5,000 to $ 20,000 per project)
- Service companies ($ 5,000 to $ 10,000 per project)
Expertise Fund for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FEIE)
It should be noted that promoters who have benefited from FLI or FLS funding may qualify to receive non-repayable financial assistance under the conditions of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Expertise Fund .
The Longueuil agglomeration CLD’s innovation and entrepreneurship expertise fund aims to provide an incentive for specialized support to help the sustainability of businesses receiving funding from the FLI / FLS, and / or to satisfy an FLI / FLS financing condition, and thus stimulate the development of entrepreneurship in the Longueuil agglomeration.
CLD’s contribution is limited to 50% of the total pre-tax cost of the eligible project and ranges from $ 2,000 to $ 10,000 (excluding taxes) and must be complementary to any other non-refundable financial assistance available and available through one or the other of the governmental authorities.